Let’S Talk Families Survey Results [CLOSED]
Understanding the challenges of BC families
In 2015 we launched our second survey, Let’s Talk Families BC!, to get a better idea of the needs and challenges families face. Over 3,000 people from across the province answered the survey, mirroring the province’s population density.
What we learned
The biggest challenges families face are:
- Income: 35%
- Children’s care: 25%
- Jobs or employment: 24%
- Caring for family members: 22%
- Education: 19%
How do families talk about income challenges?
- Impact of income challenges: balancing income and expenses, 32%; job security, 27%
- Transportation: quality, frequency, accessible and safety, 53%; vehicle ownership costs 17%
Are governments, non-profit organizations and employers doing enough to help?
- 51% said employers and businesses were doing too little to help families
- 45% said non-profit organizations were doing enough to help families, and 41% of non-profit organizations were doing more than their fair share
- 84% of respondents said that government was doing too little to help families, and 1.3% thought the government of BC was doing more than their fair share
View the raw data
Read the full report