Online Parenting Programs
Build on your parenting skills at your own pace
The BC Council for Families has partnered with Online Parenting Programs to offer parenting courses that families can complete at their own schedule and pace. We are offering eight cost-effective 12 unit courses on parenting children from infancy to their late teens, conflict reduction and management and co-parenting.
The courses are designed for families facing challenges to better understand their situations and build skills that will have a positive outcome for everyone in the family. If you are unable, or feel uncomfortable attending a structured program with other parents, learning online will give you more control and autonomy.
Our Online Parenting Courses
- Parenting Courses by age group that cover developmental stages and include parenting styles, child care, socialization, discipline and nutrition.
- Co-Parenting Divorce: The focus is on the children, as parents learn skills to avoid common mistakes and effectively work together with their co-parent.
- Parenting Without Conflict: This skills-based training program is intended for potentially high-conflict families during separation or divorce.
- High Conflict Behavioural Skills: A general high conflict class designed to help participants learn what triggers their anger, strategies for managing their anger, alternate ways for expressing their anger and the consequences of anger.
- Parent-Child Class: This course is designed to help parents guide their children through the transition of a divorce or separation and strengthen parent-child relationships.
- Foundations for the Future for Parents Facing Serious Parenting Challenges: This self-directed educational program is designed for parents of children aged birth to 18 who could benefit from learning basic parenting skills.
How it works
- Create a parent account
- Register for an online parenting program on our training page
- You will be emailed instructions on how to access your course (please check your spam and promotions folders for the email). It takes us a couple of business days to set your course up for you.
- Take the course online
- Complete the final exam (if you don’t pass, you can take it again)
- Receive your certificate
Online Parenting Programs is one of the largest providers of family life education in America. Their mission is to serve diverse families including families in transition. They are a subsidiary of Extended Learning Center, Inc.®