The BC Council for Families is a BC registered non-profit, charitable organization whose purpose is to serve professionals, support families and strengthen communities.
For over 40 years BCCF has been developing and delivering family support resources and training programs to professionals across the province that focus on prevention, inclusiveness and building skills and confidence.
Families are vital to dynamic communities.
We support families and family service practitioners by sharing knowledge and building community connections.
RESOURCE & PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Educational resources on topics ranging from child development to mental health and relationship enrichment.
- Customized programs & training
PROGRAM TRAINING COORDINATION
Training the Trainers
Our BCCF team of family services and training experts offer training programs and workshops to support family service professionals and organizations across the province.
- My Tween and Me
- Nobody’s Perfect Parenting
- A Dad’s Life
- Home Visitors Initiative
- Risk Management
- Journey to Healing: Suicide Postvention
- Program to Support Aboriginal Youth
Program Coordination and Networks
- PCMGP Provincial Coordinator
- NPP Provincial Coordinator
- My Tween and Me North American Coordinator
- APSYP Provincial Coordinator
- Home Visitor Program Provincial Coordinator
BCCF works hard to understand the increasing pressures facing families today. We work with industry partners, and look to the latest research to inform our work and support evidence-based resource and program development, and decision-making.
BCCF shares information with many advocacy groups on the state of families; new research on family support and child development; and the state of services and supports in local communities, which facilitates dialogue and feedback to inform public funding and policy development.